A Delicacy of Dharwad.The name of the Tradition Quality over the last 150 Years.The Pride of Dharwad.
Babusingh’s Thakur Pedha over 150 years of its existence has made its place in the hearts of all the people of Dharwad, Karnataka. The sweet shop was started by Babusingh Thakur who had migrated from Unnao in Utter Pradesh. He brought to Dharwad what he knew best; Pedha and started selling them which rose to popularity over the years.
Later his great grandson, Shri. Durgasingh Thakur (5th Generation) took over the family business and took the sweet shop to such heights to where it now is. Even the street where the sweet shop is located is named after the most famous Pedha store in the area.
The sweet shop is still run by the original family with a vision to take the taste of the famous Dharwad Pedha to the globe.
Awards for business :
- WINNER OF LORD WILLINGDON MEDAL IN 1913
- PROVISIONAL CO-OP-CONFERENCE 1925
- AWARD BY GOVT OF KARNATAKA 1999
- PRIYADARSHINI INDIRA GANDHI AWARD 2001
- RAJIV GANDHI EXCELLENCE AWARD 2002
Product & Brand :
Awards & Achievements :
One of the most loved actor from Bollywood industry SHABANA AZMI, who is a winner of Padmashree & Padmabhushan Award likes & expressed her love towards Babusingh’s Thakur Pedha
Natasarvabhouma Dr. Rajkumar, the living legend Amitabh Bachchan & Many from Bollywood & Sandalwood industry showed their love towards Babusingh Thakur Pedha
Social Impact :
Babusingh’s Thakur pedha was prepared from the milk of Dharwadi buffaloes which are raised by the Gavali community in and around Dharwad.
We closely guards the recipe of the Pedha as a trade secret which has been passing down the lineage. Babusingh Thakur’s single outlet store that was running for a few decades expanded later. in Dharwad, Hubli, Bangalore, Kalburgi & across India & abroad.
Our product surpasses other contenders in all the aspects, be it the unique mouth-watering flavor or the soft milky texture that melts in your mouth, these Pedhas stand tall among others. Now run by fifth generation, the Thakurs setup a strong base in Dharwad by promoting dairy farms, which provide over 500 liters of Buffalo milk every day for preparing the Khova.
Future Plans :
- Karansingh Thakur (6th Generation) son of Durgasingh Thakur has the plan to expand the business across globe to make sure that the delicious Pedha should be tasted & loved by everyone.
- He has the plan to promote the dairy farmers of Dharwad financially to help the rural markets.
- We are committed to provide the original quality pedhas forever.